Professional email communication is critical for any organization, especially with ample competitors. But for a deck and patio builder, it can mean the difference between securing a new client and losing them to the competition. Whether communicating with a prospective lead or a current or returning customer, it’s important to make a good impression with each email you send. Value your reader’s time by being to the point while providing everything they need to make a decision.
HFS Financial is here to help you make every email count with professional but effective communication. Here are some of our best tips for deck and patio builders.
Email Communication Made Easy
You may have a special offer for your prospective clients. You may simply be looking to close a deal. These tips can help ensure you communicate in an effective, professional manner.
- Create a clear subject line. Be to the point and leave out the sales language (you don’t want to end up in the spam folder). Let them know exactly what you’re emailing them about in the subject line.
- Introduce yourself. Remind the reader who you are, especially if you’ve met in person after a consultation. Be polite but friendly.
- Keep your tone upbeat. To keep people reading, be sure to focus on what you can do for them. For example, if you have a special offer, let them know that up front. They may not get through several lines of text otherwise. For example, you may say, “I wanted to let you know about deck financing offers that just became available that may help you with your project.”
- Keep it short. Most emails need to be less than 300 words. You do not have to go through your whole sales pitch here. Just let them know exactly what you have to offer.
- Tell them what to do. What do you want them to do after reading your message? This may be to click on a link to learn more about the special promotion you’re running. Or you may want them to call you so you can connect in person. Tell them specifically what to do next.
- Spiff up your grammar. There are a lot of tools (some of them are even free) that can help you create an organized, error-free, and clear email. It’s an extra step the reader is sure to appreciate.
Entice Your Email Readers, But Remain Professional
There are a few more rules for email communication that are critical to know.
- Skip the exclamation points. It’s simply overdone.
- Emojis are not professional, even if they are cute.
- Write as if you are speaking to them across the table with a smile.
- Know your audience. Avoid any cultural differences that may be misconstrued.
- Double check the recipient’s name, your name, your phone number, and website links.
Ready to Offer Contractor Financing? We Can Help!
HFS Financial makes it easy for you to meet your customers’ needs with comprehensive patio financing and deck financing options. We can help your customers find loans to help them complete their projects with ease right from your website. When you partner with HFS Financial to offer the best contractor financing, you’ll have a whole team on your side who is dedicated to seeing you succeed — all at no cost to you. Our team can help you establish contractor financing that allows your customers to apply quickly and easily for loans that fit their needs with great rates and terms. As you work to create your next email, make sure to include info about available financing. Contact us now to get started by calling 1-800-254-9560 or applying online. At HFS Financial, “You Dream It, We Finance It.”