At the turn of the new year, people often do away with bad habits and set responsible, productive, and uplifting goals for the excellent year ahead. This year, instead of just setting a goal to lose weight, why not learn to foster a healthier lifestyle overall? If you have a pool in your backyard, you can enjoy the numerous health benefits of water exercise and have fun while working towards a healthier you.
If you don’t have a swimming pool in your backyard to ensure easy access to water exercise, HFS Financial can help you make that dream a beautiful reality!
Health Benefits of Water Exercise
Water exercise can benefit people of all ages, from children to senior citizens. It offers low-impact exercises that are easy on your joints, making it an ideal form of exercise for those with chronic conditions or those returning from injury or surgery.
Here are a few of the benefits you will find.
- Get in shape: Swimming is a great full-body workout. Much like any exercise, the more energy you exert, the more your results will be significant. Swimming improves flexibility and strength, builds endurance and muscular balance, increases circulation, and builds a stronger heart muscle.
- Easy does it: When you are exercising in water, it gives you buoyancy that allows you to accomplish exercises that are more challenging on land. Water also gives you 12%-14% more resistance than land when exercising. This is excellent news for those with mobility challenges. The water will enable you to continue doing exercises longer and more thoroughly than you could otherwise.
- Less pain: There is no rough pounding or jarring on your knees or feet with aquatic exercise, which sometimes causes people long-time pain when exercising on treadmills and ellipticals. A swimming pool eliminates this, saving your body so that you can continue to meet your exercise goals.
- Don’t overheat: Water provides a cooling mechanism that prevents you from overheating in the typical way that you would with intense outdoor/land exercise. Imagine being able to get in a good work out on those hot summer days without ever breaking a sweat. You’ll love the cool, calm environment for getting in your workout each day.
- Therapy: Swimming is especially beneficial in helping people recover from accidents that have caused physical pain and sickness. It can be both a calming and effective treatment to get blood flow moving in the right places.
- De-stress: Stress is a major contributing factor to high blood pressure which in turn can greatly shorten your lifespan. Swimming is a generally relaxing activity; therefore, it can decrease stress levels and lengthen your life — the ultimate health enhancement.
- Have fun: Whether you are exercising for sport or lounging in the pool for leisure, swimming is a fun and social activity that can include several people. You can even make your home the new neighborhood hangout if you want. Everyone is sure to love hanging out in your pool.
Get a New Swimming Pool Loan So You Can Enjoy Water Exercise
If you don’t already have a pool of your own, January is the perfect time to start planning for your new swimming pool. Don’t delay, make 2023 the year your pool vision becomes a reality! With a pool loan through HFS Financial, you can pay for your new pool over time without having to wait years to save enough money. Are you interested in learning more? Contact us today or fill out our simple 60-second rate check inquiry. You can see how accessible a pool is for your home in the new year. With HFS Financial, “You Dream It, We Finance It.”