Are you ready to rip up that shag carpet on your floors from the 70s? Maybe the laminate floors you placed in the 90s look a little tired. How about kicking that linoleum with the tacky pattern to the curb? You possibly have multiple types of flooring with various kinds of crazy transitions from over the years that you are ready to make more cohesive.
You can change the whole tone of your home simply by redoing your floors. Whether it’s one room or the entire house, HFS Financial will be there with you to find the right financing to make things happen. So, dream big. Go for hardwood floors throughout the house.
Which Way to Go?
When it comes to flooring, our options grow every year. There is always new technology constantly improving the materials we use in our daily lives. So, you’ve got some great options to choose from.
- Carpet is perfect for bedrooms and has endless color and texture options to match any style and decor. While we don’t recommend using it in a bathroom (we see you 80s style), adding carpet to any room you want to feel cozier will be just the ticket. Pick a nice plush option that will be soft underfoot.
- Ceramic, porcelain, or even stone tile is excellent for rooms exposed to moisture, like bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms. They are even making wood-like tiles that can mimic hardwood floors if that is the look you want without the maintenance. Tile provides an excellent opportunity to make a space all your own.
- Bamboo is comparable to hardwood’s look and feel and is considered a green, renewable resource. Technically a grass, bamboo offers a unique and stylish touch. This option is also more affordable than hardwood.
- Durable, timeless, and always elegant, hardwoods are a fantastic choice to use throughout your home. While they can be more of an investment upfront, they will last for 75 to 100 years if they are well cared for. It is how we still find these floors covered by carpet in homes today that are salvageable.
- Mimicking the look of hardwood, tile, or stone, laminate offers an easy-to-maintain, scratch-resistant, easy-to-install option. This option is also more affordable than hardwood options and readily available at most home improvement stores.
Cost of Flooring
The average cost of redoing your floors is about $9 to $27 per square foot in 2023, depending on the material you choose. Of course, you can find less expensive options for as little as $3 per square foot or high-end materials for more than $20 a square foot.
The bill for a home project like this also depends on if you’re installing the floors yourself or hiring a professional. The average cost to pay a professional to install your floors in 2023 is around $7 per square foot. This will, of course, vary depending on your location.
Since floors take on most of the wear and tear that comes with daily life, you can increase your home’s value quickly if you want to list your home on the market. Or if your new floors are just for you and your family, they can update the look and feel of your entire home — bringing beauty to every space.
Ready to Lay It Down?
Reach out to HFS today to get started on finding financing for your new floors. Using our 60-second inquiry, you will know if you are conditionally approved in just a minute. Then our experts will reach out to help you finalize your project.
Don’t wait any longer. Get started updating your home with us today. With HFS Financial on your side, “You Dream It, We Finance It.”