You can’t plant just any greenery around the edge of your pool! Most plants tend to have a lot of fallout that can clog your filters, like leaves or dead blossoms. While it may look perfect next to your pool, it might not be the most practical choice. Still, you’ll want a plant that is easy to care for and low-maintenance, because you’ll be spending that energy on keeping up your pool. And you probably want to match the plants with your climate, so they don’t suffer. Read on for some great plants you can place around your poolside!
Poolside gardens are great ways to keep plants because they allow for a wide variety of decoration, but you must keep in mind that their debris is less containable as it doesn’t fall down into a pot. Here are some great plants you can use:
- Succulents: When taken care of, succulents have very little leaf fall out, and require very little maintenance. Just make sure they are getting plenty of sun, because most of them are used to hot, dry weather.
- Palm Trees: If you live in a climate where palm trees can thrive, they are a great poolside plant that come in many different sizes. Easy to customize, and worth the investment for how beautiful they look!
- Indian Mallow: This is a great bush that is bright orange, and can add quite a bit of color to your garden. It also has very little leaf debris when cared for correctly.
For Pots and Containers
Though they dry out a little faster than gardens, it’s always fun to mix and match your plants within one single container. Here are some great plants for those situations:
- Creeping Jenny: Trailing plants add an interesting flair to your poolside, because they will spill over the edge of the container.
- Germander: It’s a great plant that can be used to fill in the spaces between your creeping plants that grow a little more than the others.
- Verbana: They can withstand high periods of heat, which is important when the stone of your pool deck can get extremely hot in the summer sun.
HFS Financial can help you finance that pool you’ve been waiting for!
At HFS, we don’t shy away from anything. We’ll always be ready to get you qualified for that loan, even if you have doubts. We’ll recommend you to some of the best dealers in the industry, too, so there’s no reason you should be afraid of working towards that dream pool or dream spa when you apply for a loan with HFS Financing.
Now is the perfect time to start planning for your new swimming pool, spa or hot tub. Don’t delay; make 2016 the year your swimming vision becomes a reality!
Call 1-800-254-9560. If our team is busy helping another customer, leave a message and we’ll return your call promptly. Or fill out one of our simple 60-second loan application today!