You know what they say… Good fences make great neighbors! But even if you like your neighbors, sometimes you just want a privacy fence in your backyard. Or maybe you’d like a chain link fence to keep your dog from roaming the streets. Don’t want the kids walking into the road? A fence can help. No matter what kind of fence you’d like, HFS Financial can help you get the financing you need to make it happen.
The Top 20 Reasons to Invest in a Fence for Your Home and Backyard
There are a lot of reasons to invest in a fence at your residence. With the right fencing loan through HFS Financial, you can build the structure you need for all the reasons that matter most to you.
A fence provides an additional layer of security for your home and backyard, acting as a deterrent to potential intruders.
Enjoy a sense of privacy in your outdoor space. A fence creates a barrier between your home and the outside world, allowing you to relax without worrying about prying eyes.
3. Safety for Children and Pets
If you have children or pets, a fence offers a safe and enclosed area for them to play without the risk of wandering off or encountering potential dangers.
4. Property Boundaries
Clearly define the boundaries of your property, reducing the chances of neighborly disputes and ensuring everyone respects personal space.
5. Curb Appeal
A well-designed fence can enhance the aesthetic appeal of your home. It adds a finishing touch to your property, contributing to its overall visual appeal.
6. Increased Property Value
Fenced properties often have higher perceived value. Potential buyers may see the fence as an added benefit, leading to a better resale value for your home.
7. Noise Reduction
Depending on the type of privacy fence, it can help reduce noise from the surrounding environment, providing a quieter and more peaceful living space.
8. Wind Protection
If you live in an area prone to strong winds, a fence can act as a windbreak, protecting your outdoor living spaces and delicate plants.
9. Improved Landscaping
A fence can serve as a backdrop for landscaping elements, allowing you to create a beautiful and well-defined outdoor space.
10. Marking Special Areas
Use a fence to designate specific areas within your backyard, such as a garden, play area, or relaxation space, helping to organize and maximize the use of your outdoor area.
11. Reduced Wildlife Intrusion
Keep unwanted wildlife out of your yard, protecting your plants and gardens from being damaged.
12. Weather Protection
In regions with extreme weather conditions, a fence can provide some protection for your outdoor furniture, plants, and other belongings.
13. Customization Options
Fences come in various materials, styles, and colors, allowing you to choose one that complements your home’s architecture and your personal style.
14. Low Maintenance
Many modern fencing materials require minimal maintenance, saving you time and effort in the long run.
15. Increased Comfort
Knowing that your property is secure and private contributes to an overall sense of comfort and well-being in your home.
16. Reduced Liability
A fence can help prevent accidents and injuries by keeping people out of restricted areas on your property, reducing your liability in case of an incident.
17. Controlled Access
With the right gate options, you can control who enters and exits your property, adding an extra layer to your home’s security.
18. Community Guidelines
In some neighborhoods, having a fence may be a part of community guidelines or regulations, ensuring a uniform and aesthetically pleasing look to the neighborhood.
Fences can be used for various purposes, from decorative elements to functional barriers, making them a versatile addition to your home.
20. Long-Term Investment
A well-built fence can last for many years, making it a long-term investment that pays off in terms of security, privacy, and property value.
Types of Fences
Curious about the type of fence that’s right for your home? Here are a few options to consider.
- Ideal for creating a secluded and private outdoor space.
- Typically constructed with solid materials such as wood or vinyl.
- Available in various heights to enhance privacy levels.
Chain Link Fence
- Durable and cost-effective option for securing property.
- Provides visibility while still creating a boundary.
- Suitable for both residential and commercial purposes.
- Enhance the aesthetic appeal of your property.
- Come in various styles and materials, including wrought iron and ornamental designs.
- Often used for landscaping and creating a visually pleasing boundary.
- Designed to keep pets safely contained within a specific area.
- Can be made from materials like vinyl, wood, or metal.
- Various styles, including picket and invisible fences, cater to different pet containment needs.
- A classic and charming option, often associated with traditional homes.
- Features evenly spaced vertical boards, creating an open and welcoming feel.
- Suitable for front yards or as a decorative element.
Split Rail Fence
- Characterized by horizontal rails and open spaces between them.
- Provides a rustic and natural appearance.
- Often used in rural or country settings.
- Low-maintenance option with resistance to weather and insects.
- Mimics the look of wood but without the need for regular upkeep.
- Comes in various styles, including privacy, picket, and decorative designs.
- Sustainable and eco-friendly option.
- Provides a unique and exotic appearance.
- Suitable for creating a tropical or Zen-inspired outdoor space.
- Utilizes electric shocks to deter animals or intruders.
- Commonly used in agricultural settings or areas with high-security needs.
- Can be combined with other fence types for added security.
Wrought Iron Fence
- Offers a sophisticated and timeless appearance.
- Provides high security and durability.
- Often used for decorative purposes around gardens or estates.
- Combines wood fibers and recycled plastic for a durable and eco-friendly option.
- Resistant to rot, insects, and weather conditions.
- Mimics the look of wood without the maintenance requirements.
- Designed for agricultural purposes, such as livestock containment.
- Options include post and rail, wire mesh, and electric fences.
- Varies in height and materials based on specific farm needs.
How Much Does it Cost to Build a Fence?
According to Forbes, building a fence can cost anywhere from $1,600 to $7,000 or more, with the national average costing around $3,300. The cost of building a fence can vary widely depending on several factors.
One of the primary considerations is the type of material you choose, as different materials come with varying price points. For example, wooden fences are often more affordable upfront, while vinyl and metal fences tend to be pricier but offer long-term durability and easy maintenance.
The size and layout of your property also play a role, as a larger fence will naturally require more materials and labor. Additionally, the terrain and ground conditions can impact costs, especially if there are slopes or uneven surfaces that require additional work.
The style and design of the fence, along with any additional features like gates or decorative elements, contribute to the overall expense. Labor costs vary based on location and the complexity of the installation.
Obtain quotes from several contractors to get a more accurate estimate based on your specific needs and preferences. While the initial investment may seem significant, it’s essential to view it as a long-term investment in security, privacy, peace of mind, and the overall value of your property.
Get a Fence Loan with HFS Financial
Privacy fences, chain link fences, and other fence options are valuable home improvement projects, and those just happen to be our specialty here at HFS Financial. We can help you find a variety of home improvement loans, including financing for chain link fences, privacy fences, and even underground pet fences.
Curious about what your rates can be? Use our Check My Rate tool to discover your best financing options for a fence now using our streamlined 60-second inquiry via our secure website. With HFS Financial, you’ll have all the money you need upfront to get the job started. And with 120% financing, you can even have extra for those unexpected expenses that may arise. Get started today on the fence you’ve been longing for. “You Dream It, We Finance It.”